Easy Dairy-Free BLT Quesadillas
Bacon Lettuce Tomato (BLT) Quesadillas
Here’s a fun way to combine two of my favorite recipes into one! The BLT quesadilla! Completely dairy free! But let’s be honest, you had me at bacon. If you’re not a fan of fresh tomatoes, give sun-dried tomatoes a try! Eat along with a simple side salad to get in all of those micronutrients and to maintain fullness.
Recipe + Photography By: Heather Dahlenburg
- 1 medium flour tortilla
- 28 grams Daiya dairy free cheese
- 1 slice bacon, fried and diced
- 2 ounces chicken breast, grilled and diced
- 7 grams Sun dried tomatoes (and/ or 1.5oz fresh tomatoes, divided use)
- 85 grams butter lettuce
- dressing of choice
Prepare bacon according to package directions. Set aside and let cool.
Chop bacon and pre-cooked chicken breast.
- Slice sun-dried and/ or fresh tomatoes
- Preheat skillet over medium heat.
Assemble quesadillas- layer cheese, chicken, bacon, and tomatoes over half of the toritilla. Fold in half.
- Lightly spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
Heat quesadilla on one side until golden brown and cheese is mostly melted.
- Flip, and heat second side until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before slicing into thirds.
- Prepare a simple side salad with remaining tomatoes and butter lettuce.
Top with your favorite dressing (balsamic vinegar, bolthouse ranch/dairy free ranch would be fantastic!)