Honey Hot Grilled Salmon and Rice
Grilled Salmon and Rice
Fresh salmon is one of my favorite meals to eat! It’s full of omega 3’s (which help decrease inflammation) and it’s a great source of potassium - so it’s an incredibly nutrient dense source of protein! Salmon is one of those foods that tastes great no matter how you cook it - grilled, smoked, baked, etc. Serve with a side of brown rice for vitamins and fiber, or on a bed of spinach to get your greens in! Cooking tip: you’ll know when your salmon is fully cooked by flaking a piece off with your fork. Salmon continues to cook once it’s off the heat, so I like to take mine off the grill a couple minute early to prevent it from overcooking.Recipe & Photography by: April Hamilton
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb salmon
- 1 tbsp honey or agave nectar
- 1 tsp sriracha (or more if you can handle the heat!)
- 1 1/2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce or liquid aminos
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- Optional garnish: chili flakes, sliced green onion
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients together until well blended.
- Pour honey-sriracha mixture into a quart size ziploc and marinate salmon for 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill on low.
- Place salmon on grill, and cook for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of your filet.
- Serve with brown rice, chili flakes and sliced green onion.
Serving: 1filet | Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 14g | Sugar: 4g