Peanut Butter Protein Mousse
NLA For Her Peanut Butter Protein Mousse
This is not your typical mousse but trust me when I say it is just as tasty! The coconut milk provides a creamy texture and the flavor blends so well with the peanut butter protein! This is such an easy treat to prepare and only contains 1 gram of sugar, so you won’t feel guilty with this splurge! Make sure to use “regular” egg whites, not egg whites, as these will not rise and peak well. Get creative with your toppings like sliced bananas or unsweetened coconut flakes! Yum!Recipe & Photography By: April Hamilton
Servings: 2 people
- 1 scoop NLA for Her Peanut Butter Banana Split
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 3 egg whites
- 2 packets Stevia
- Optional garnish: chopped peanuts, dark chocolate chips
- Using a hand or electric mixer, mix together coconut milk and protein powder. Mix on high for 2-3 minutes to ensure protein powder is blended well with the milk. Note: the milk will not rise or “peak”, this is simply to thoroughly mix the two ingredients together and to make sure no clumps form.*
- Place protein milk in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat 3 egg whites on medium-high setting and continue to beat until egg whites begin to fluff and form stiff “peaks”. Add 2 packets of stevia while beating.
- In a medium bowl, carefully fold the egg whites into the protein milk. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Serve in a small dish and top with chopped peanut and dark chocolate chips!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 7g | Sugar: 1g