Carrot Ginger Soup
This soup will surely warm you up on a cool fall day. As a unique family favorite, it’s earthy, vibrant and easily adaptable to different flavors (not to mention Healthy too!) This soup is loaded with vitamins, nutrients and fiber. Even serve topped with bacon bits for a salty contrast or add a cup of unsweetened applesauce while blending to sweeten the deal. Craving something spicy? Kick it up a notch with some delicious protein by serving with chicken chorizo sausages. It’s total perfection either way.
Carrot Ginger Soup
Grab a spoonful of spice and warm your heart with this easy autumn soup recipe. Subtle hints of ginger and garlic cloves add a crisp bite to the smooth pureed carrot taste. A dollop of heavy cream and pepitas add the perfect balance of creaminess to an already sweet and flavorful fall soup bowl. Sit around the fire and make memories with friends and family while sipping on this evening bisque.
Recipe & Photography by Heather Dahlenburg
- 1 1/2 Pounds Carrots, Chopped
- 1/2 – 1 Inch Fresh Ginger, Peeled and Chopped
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Diced
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 64 Ounces Chicken/Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Topping Ideas: Heavy cream, Pepitas, Basil, Bacon, Chicken Chorizo Sausage
Heat a large pot over medium heat.
Add oil, onion, carrots and saute until onion becomes fragrant and translucent about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger, and saute for an additional minute.
- Pour broth over the vegetables and season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Once at a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Simmer for 25-30 minutes or until carrots are easily pierced with a fork.
- Turn off the stove and allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer to blender in small batches and puree OR carefully use an immersion blender.
Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Serve with your favorite toppings.