You’ll Thank Me Later Chicken Dish
Raise your hand for chicken drummies! As one of my nightly go-to’s, I can eat this hearty meal just about anywhere, anytime. If you’re in need of a delicious main course that you won’t regret, this meal is for you. White wine and parsley add a savory spin to this Southern-inspired dish of yummy carbs and protein. Neither flavor nor presentation are lacking either, so sit down with your family and enjoy.
You’ll Thank me Later Chicken Dish
- 1/4 Cup Light Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Shallot, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Shredded
- 1/4 Cup White Cooking Wine
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pat the drumsticks dry with a paper towel and season with pappy’s seasoning & garlic pepper. *You’ll want to use a lined baking sheet with aluminum foil (to catch the juices from the chicken and for easy clean up) as well as a raised rack to place the chicken on top of*. Place the raised rack on top of the baking sheet and lay drumsticks on the raised rack. This will help ensure the drumsticks cook evenly throughout.
- Place rack of drumsticks into the oven on the top shelf and cook for about an hour. *Cooking times may vary but the most important thing is to make sure the chicken has cooked to an internal temperature of 180 degrees before taking out of the oven.*
- While the drumsticks are cooking, measure and cook the brown rice in a rice maker on “brown rice” setting (about 25-30 minutes). Cooking times may also vary.
- Once the drumsticks have reached an internal temperature of 180 degrees, take them out of the oven and let them sit for 10 minutes.
- While the drumsticks are “resting”, it’s time to make the homemade white sauce!
- Once the ingredients are chopped & ready to go, melt the butter on medium-low heat. Add the garlic and shallot. Saute until the garlic/shallot mixture is a golden brown color.
- Increase the heat to medium and add the parmesan cheese and white wine. Season with salt & pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and whisk for 1-2 minutes, then add the parsley. Remove from heat.
- Place drumsticks over the bed of rice & immediately pour wine sauce over drumsticks.
- Garnish with sliced lemon and fresh parsley. Enjoy!