Oven Roasted Rosemary and Lemon Chicken
Oven Baked Rosemary and Lemon Chicken
Just because the holidays are right around the corner, does not mean you can’t enjoy all the traditional and yummy meals! This rosemary and lemon chicken recipe has become a staple of mine during Thanksgiving! The macros for this tangy and savory dish are perfect because you can choose for a leaner cut (chicken breast) or a fattier cut (thigh or drumstick) depending on your preference and macros. Plus, I like to save a little bit of fats for other Thanksgiving treats 😉 This juicy and flavorful meal is sure to impress everyone this holiday season! Recipe and photography by April Hamilton
- 1 whole chicken, with organs/gizzards removed
- 1/2 C Light Butter, melted
- 1/2 Lemon, sliced
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 3-4 Fresh rosemary sprigs, (you’ll be using the whole sprig as well as minced)
- Roasted garlic and herb seasoning (I used McCormick brand), to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Before beginning preparation, make sure the organs/gizzards, etc. of the chicken have been removed and disposed of, unless you plan to keep those Rinse the chicken with water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Season outside of chicken with salt, pepper and a couple sprinkles of roasted garlic and herb seasoning.
- Stuff chicken with sliced lemon, onion and 2-3 rosemary sprigs. Tie chicken legs together with butcher's twine and place on a roaster with a raised rack.
- Mix the melted butter, minced garlic and minced rosemary together and brush over top of chicken.
- Place chicken on middle rack and bake for about an hour and a half, or until the middle has reached an internal temperature of 165 degree. *Cooking times may vary depending on the size of your chicken*
- Once chicken is fully cooked, pull out of the oven and let it “rest” for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Thinly slice or shred chicken. Garnish with another pinch of fresh minced rosemary or sliced lemon and serve with your favorite Thanksgiving dish (mine are potatoes and carrots!)
Serving: 4oz | Calories: 383kcal | Carbohydrates: 0.5g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 29g