Spring Brunch Ideas
Who doesn’t a yummy love spring brunch in the sun? Indoor or outdoor brunch is the perfect time to relax and connect with those we love. It’s a time for traditional protein packed favorites like eggs and bacon, or the perfect time to try some new recipes! Here are a few favorite spring brunch dishes for you to try!
Healthy Deviled Eggs
- 6 Eggs
- 33 grams Non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 24 grams Mayonnaise
- 9 grams Yellow Mustard (or to taste)
- 9 grams Dill Pickle Juice (or to taste)
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Paprika (optional)
- In one medium pot, begin to boil water for eggs
- Once water has come to a boil, carefully add eggs to the boiling water
- Allow eggs to boil for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes is complete, carefully pour out boiling water, and quickly run cool water over eggs
- Add a few handfuls of ice to the pot containing boiled eggs/ water and allow to chill for a few minutes
- When eggs are cool to the touch, peel away the shell
- Halve each egg, reserving the egg yolks in a bowl and setting whites aside on a serving dish
- To the egg yolks, add mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, mustard, pickle juice and stir to combine
- Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Spoon or pipe the yolk mixture back into the egg whites
- Top with paprika and enjoy!
Tortilla Espanola Casserole
- 200 grams onion, thinly sliced
- 600 grams red potato, thinly sliced
- 10 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 teaspoon thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare vegetables.
- Place thinly sliced potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with paper towel.
- Microwave for 5-8 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Heat oil over medium-low heat in a stove-AND-oven safe pan (cast iron preferably)
- Sauté onions and pre-cooked potatoes until onions are translucent & fragrant.
- Scramble eggs in a medium bowl.
- Add salt, pepper (and thyme) to eggs.
- Pour scrambled eggs over onions and potatoes, cook for 5-10 minutes or until eggs begin to cook and firm along the top of the dish.
- Finish dish in oven for 10 minutes or until eggs are completely cooked through.
- Slice and enjoy!
Oats and Eggs
- 5 Large scrambled egg whites
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Old-fashioned oats
- .5 Teaspoon Siracha sauce
- Optional garnishes: dill, diced green onion, pepper
- Measure out oats, egg whites and ¼ C water and combine in a small bowl.
- Stir together and cook in microwave in 20 seconds increments, stirring each time, until the egg whites have been mixed together well and the oats have fully cooked. *You can choose to cook your egg whites separately and add on top of the cooked oats if you’d prefer*
- Fry egg on medium-low heat on a small skillet and cook until the egg cooks to your desired liking.
- Garnish with dill, green onions and Sriracha.
Spicy Deviled Eggs
- 6 whole eggs, boiled and peeled
- 1.5 tbsp light mayo
- 1.5 tbsp plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 slice turkey bacon
- 2 tbsp spicy pickles, chopped
- Green onion, thinly sliced
- Spices: chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper
- Boil eggs in a saucepan with water for about 7-8 minutes (for a medium-boiled egg).
- While the eggs are boiling, cook turkey bacon in a medium skillet. Chop and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and spices.
- Slice each egg in half lengthwise and fill with combined ingredients.
- Garnish with green onion and chopped bacon.
Pre/Post Workout Muffins
Recipe & Photos By: Heather Dahlenburg
- 1.5 Sourdough english muffins
- 138g eggwhites (equivalent to 4.5 whites)
- 3 slices canadian bacon (ham)
- optional: hot sauce, laughing cow cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray a large muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Measure out eggwhites and distribute between 2-3 muffin tins.
- Bake until fully cooked through and firm, about 7-10 minutes.
- While baking, split and toast the English muffins.
- Assemble sandwiches.
Want to learn how to calculate your custom macros?
Every Jessi’s Girls Training Program come complete with a full nutrition guide, step by step macro calculations, and guidelines to help you properly fuel your body! Ready to get results? Sign up for a Jessie’s Girls Training Program today!