St. Patricks Day Recipes
If you aren’t wearing green today…at least your macros will be 🍀
Be sure to give these St. Patrick’s Day Recipes a try!
BCAA Green Gummy Jello Shots
Recipe & Photos by: Heather Dahlenburg
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 3 scoops NLA for Her sour apple Amino Burner
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup hot water
- Optional coloring: 3 drops green food coloring, 1 drop yellow 🙂
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
- While boiling water, stir BCAAs and gelatin into 1/2 cup cold water to dissolve.
- Slowly pour boiling water into the gelatin and BCAA mixture.
- Spray a small dish with nonstick cooking spray, and pour in mixture.
- Place in refrigerator and allow to set, about 3-4 hours.
Green Machine Fiber Smoothie
- 1 handful kale
- 1 handful spinach
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 5 grams wheat bran
- 50 grams frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup pasteurized egg whites
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used NLA For Her)
- Water (to desired consistency)
- Pour egg whites into blender (I use a VitaMix), followed by greens, chia seeds, frozen blueberries, wheat bran and protein powder.
- Add water to desired consistency. Make sure the chia seeds are mixed well (usually about 30-45 seconds).
- Garnish with blueberries. Enjoy!
Green Chile Pork Stew
- 30 Ounces Pork shoulder
- 200 Grams Onions, quartered
- 700 Grams Baby Red Potatoes
- 32 Ounces Chicken(or beef) bone broth
- 1 Can Fire roasted green chiles or 1 pound fresh roasted green chiles, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Optional: 1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Wash, measure and prepare all vegetables.
- Heat large pot over medium heat.
- In a ziplock bag, mix flour and pork until evenly coated. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch or two of garlic powder.
- Evenly spread olive oil in bottom of pot.
- Add floured meat and allow to brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in broth to cover meat, stir, scraping bits off bottom of pot.
- Add quartered onion and chiles to the pot, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, loosely cover and stew for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes and red pepper flakes (optional), cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
Want help calculating your custom macros?
All Jessie’s Girls Training programs come with our complete nutrition guide, including custom macro calculations, supplement guide, and grocery shopping list! Shop all 7 of our training programs and find the perfect plan for your goals, including two home workout programs Home Edition and JG40.